There are so many different opinions, polls, videos, blogs, and advertisements telling you what you need to do to be healthy. But it's much simpler than everyone thinks!
Just stick with these basics and follow your checklist daily!
1. Eat a combined serving of nine fruits and vegetables a day (if nothing else follow this rule!)
2. Eat three servings of beans daily (about 1 cup is a serving/also counts as part of your nine servings!)
3. Eat all of the colors! Fruits and vegetables that are very colorful are very high in antioxidants. You want to get all of the antioxidants that you can!
4. NO PROCESSED SUGAR! You can have sugar from fruits because the enzymes in them help your body to break down the sugar. Therefore you don't have to worry about spikes in blood sugar. Processed sugar is high in calories, addictive, and doesn't add any nutritional value. In fact, sugar can keep your body from absorbing nutrients!
5. Eat the right carbs. Brown rice, whole sprouted wheat bread, quinoa, and lentil/chickpea/whole wheat/brown rice pasta are the carbs that you want to focus on. Don't go for white carbs like crackers, white bread, or white pasta. You want to have three servings of these daily. One serving is a slice of bread
6. Choose plants over animals. The more plants you eat the healthier you will be. You want animals to be only a quarter of your plate. You want the rest to be all fruits, vegetables, and healthy carbs
7. Try to walk at least 30 minutes a day for exercise at the bare minimum!
Follow my seven steps and you will be on your way to a healthier you!